Screwed Up graphics

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

try looking for some anti spyware progs like spyware search and destroy or tuneup utilities.

and i wouldnt recommend formatting so quickly, since its alot of work...
Baldrick
Yan the Pimp

Post by Baldrick »

formating doesn't take that long if you know what your doing, its really just the backing up part that annoys me.
I just copy over most of my stuff onto my backup drive, format, then install windows, then copy it back over.
Takes less than 2 hours for me.
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

No...not really, my graphics are messed up also, i dont really give a sh**, its when i go high up in the air so i can snipe people then i can see through walls lool, kinda kool in a way.

I got an 32 mb Elsa MX rofl its so sh** loll, my dad should be upgrading soon though :P
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

After I've made a complete installation of Windows I place the entire OS in a rar file and after I've formatted the partition with Partition Magic Pro 7... (secure erase, which takes longer) I switch to the other harddrive and extract the rar file and I have a complete installation of windows with everything already installed and fixed.
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

ok, ok, i ment backing up... :roll:
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

What I just said IS backing up
alittle more up scale :P
Baldrick
Yan the Pimp

Post by Baldrick »

lol rich, you shouldn't just stick your operating system into a rar file, then extract it when you have formatted.
I have never tried that, but i bet it would create a few problems.
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

thats an understatement :D
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

like? nothing happens, its a perfect installation as it was when it was on the harddrive in the first place.
Dark Designer
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Dark Designer »

Alright lets go through all of these suggestions now first off I had some sort of an error but after i cleaned my cd it went away and now I don't remember how what it was.

Secondly downloading a new version of the game sounds like a good idea but i have no idea on how to get started with that a link would help along with some instructions because i didn't even know that could be done before you told me.

Next REFORMATTING that is way to extreme to do for a game i that i just have an urge to play while I wait for Half Life 2 to come out. Plus I already performed a reformat thats how i got into this in the first place i had the game all fixed than and i reformatted to fix a serious problem with my computer which is all fixed now.

Next my drivers are all up to date I got the ones over windows update and the catalyst from the ati website. Neither one did anything for the game.

Next placing my opperating system in a .rar file that I don't even want to think about how to do that little ole doing it.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

You can update your game to version 1.4 here: http://s88894241.onlinehome.us/?file=31 ... mit=Search
Dark Designer
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Dark Designer »

King wrote:You can update your game to version 1.4 here: http://s88894241.onlinehome.us/?file=31 ... mit=Search
Its already up to date. I updated to 1.4 already.

I was asking if their was a way to download a fresh copy of giants with my cd key from a giants website or something because im thinking that theirs a problem with my cd or something or maybe just get the to mail me a fresh cd or something.
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

maybe i read it wrong, but giants doesnt require a cd key...
Crossmaniak
Yan the Pimp

Post by Crossmaniak »

nope dont think so
my game doesnt require a cd key
i bought it last year for 6,20 euro in the intertoys
its a best buy game or sometin
:D :D :D
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

well cd's keys are crap anyways, but u hardly ever find em on "the game collection" or "sold out software"