Stupid Wintery Error

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

You ever get the error?

Yes, it suxx
87%
No, what it is?
No votes
What the bloddyhell are you talking about?
13%

Total votes: 15

Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Stupid Wintery Error

Post by Salazar »

When I joined a game called "GMM" there was a map that I then downloaded it (where you click on Join Gmm... and then it says "By Infinity" or watever, then yo download it) anyway, This stupid wintery cool error comes up, I dont have exactally what it says, but its freaking annoying.........btw, the map is "Forest Chump" by Infinity
Chibo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Chibo »

hmm, i have that stupid wintry error, too. I dont know why but it everytimes comes when i try to start or to join a Multiplayer game.
If i press the ,,Host Multiplayer game"- or the ,,Join Multiplayer game" button this fu**ing error comes:

Directplay failed to initialized (Code: 80040154). Is DirectX 8 or better installed?

The Singleplayer Mode works perfeclty. I have got the error since i patched my Giants on v. 1.4.
My pc configuration:
AMD Athlon 2000+ XP
512 MB DDR-Ram
Radeon 9600 Pro
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

I think its a common Giants error when something is wrong

Perhaps the map needed a special thing to continue
some object that wasnt there...

And other things I cant remember now since the clock is 11am
and I havent slept yet 8)
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

its usually because there're too much objects (proxies flying around, buildings exploding, that kind of stuff) in the game, and that usually only happens when peeps are cheating, and firing lots of gyro bombs, that usually crashes the server, and gives him a wintry cool error ;)
there's nothing really that can be done about it I think...or maybe it'll be fixed in that patch the cool, superior people are making, but i doubt it.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Chibo wrote: Directplay failed to initialized (Code: 80040154). Is DirectX 8 or better installed?
Well... Is it?
Chibo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Chibo »

hmm, yes it is. I thought it can be cause i had directX 9, i uninstalled it and installed directX 8, but dont work.