Error Mensage / Black Screen

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

migueln
Kabuto's Playtoy

Error Mensage / Black Screen

Post by migueln »

I've installed Giants again in my computer, i'm a old player so i've installed it with an old CD i have of the game. My specs are:

Core 2 Duo 2.93
4gb ddr2
Gforce 9800GT
W7 32

My game is in patch 1.4. When i tryed to open the game, i've got a error menssage soon after the first loading screen, after the game logo. I've tryed to run the game in safe mode and i can go to the menu, when i got to graphical options, in the resolution options there are some strange things, like the game have 4 variations of my vga lol. Only 2 options work the other 2 give me another crash. But no mather the resolution when i try to begin the history mode the game crashes anyway.
I believed that my gpu driver was corrupted, unistalled it and installed the latest version, the problem persists.
The strange thing is that the game was working before i have changed my motherboard.
After that, i've tried to install the game in my girlfriend notebook:

Onboard gpu
Dual Core 2.16
3GB ddr2
Vista 32

This time i've download a new CD afraid of my old disc being corrupt.
This time the game opens, pass the load screen but nothing shows up, just a black screen, the menu music and the sound effects if i press any button.
Strangely, in her computer when i open the game in safe mode the game crashes after the loading screen.

Thats all very strange, if you could help me i will be gratefull. That game brings me memories Ç.Ç
bye
(sorry for my poor english)
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Whilst I am by no means good at providing tech support..

You could try installing patch 1.497 for starters, and/or otherwise upload errorlog.txt found in your Giants folder to a file sharing site and posting a link to it here; this so that someone more qualified can tell you what's wrong.

Hope you will get things sorted out.