Giants Citizen Kabuto on ubuntu_ problems with multiplayer

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

Threnke wrote:Yea but I think only the server host can make one but I think Tasiin won't
If you are talking about creating a web-based lobby, then it can be done by anyone, because it won't be synchronized anyhow with actual state of servers. Just like Accusnoetn's lobby that was just a simple IRC channel.
Threnke wrote:LOL I forgot omg I'm dumb xD anyway I joined there n I didn't find u :p
How could you find me, if the global server was down :??
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

Cool then :) Let's see whether anyone is interested

At this point gamespy becomes very important, I mean even when global server is off if someone is hosting you can see his room at gsa

I think using ip address should work as well if server doesn't show up in gamespy '-'
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

Threnke wrote:Cool then :) Let's see whether anyone is interested
Well, after May 31, when GameSpy will shut down, situation will force some solution on us... hopefully.
Threnke wrote:I think using ip address should work as well if server doesn't show up in gamespy '-'
Very wisely said! I was browsing this forum and found some reports, that global server was going down already several times. If so, why wasn't IP address published? For mine and others' further reference it's: 96.255.7.185.