Giants Citizen Kabuto on ubuntu_ problems with multiplayer

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

Giants Citizen Kabuto on ubuntu_ problems with multiplayer

Post by STUVash »

Hello guys, I wanted to make a Lan with my family using Giants Citizen Kabuto.

I installed it using wine, I cracked it with a no cd, I installed english patches to 1.497 version, everything works fine now ( I had some problems with shadows but if I put every graphic settings on high level with Direct3D 7 there's not a problem )

BUT !
I can't create any multiplayer game or even join one, I don't know what the problem is and it's such a shame because the game itself is running perfectly...

I got this error when trying to create a multiplayer game (in 3 blue squares)

-Giants : Citizen Kabuto
Wintry Cool Game Error Screen

-Cannot host a multiplayer game (Code 80158320). Is there a network connection ?

-Enter to Continue
Escape to Exit Game

I got a network connection of course, I can play other games perfectly, network connection isn't the problem; still I don't understand what's happening and the console isn't telling me anything :(

Next I tried to join a game I created with another computer running on windows XP, game's created, I'm searching for the game ... Nothing happened...
So I type the IP of my computer and still nothing happened... :/

I tried to join internet games and nothing aswell.
I tried to use Chatex with wine, to get a direct connection to a multiplayer game and nothing aswell... :/

(Everything's working on Windows XP on the other computer)

Can you help me out ?
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

probably a directplay issue since you're using wine
STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by STUVash »

Well ... I used winetricks to get rid of directplay problems :x
I can play multiplayer games using wine, like "Heroes of Might and Magic IV" or "Age of Empires" ( I'm not sure if World of warcraft is a good example but it works too )

Can you play GCK using wine in a multiplayer game ? :o
I couldn't find anyone who could play in multiplayer using wine, there aren't much people who are trying to but if you can then I should be able to do it too, right ?
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

everything is possible with linux!
STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

After months...

Post by STUVash »

Finally I've made up my mind and got windows and Linux together ... it's not really a big deal.

Thanks for your help
cocolapin
Kabuto's Playtoy

Fix mupliplayer on giants

Post by cocolapin »

Technical Stuff:
After some R.E on giants, I found that problem came from CoGetClassObject() in ole32.dll:CoCreateInstance(). That why wine show a message like :

Code: Select all

fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {5102dace-241b-11d3-aea7-006097b01411} of class {da825e1b-6830-43d7-835d-0b5ad82956a2}, hres is 0x80040111
A quick research on google, give me a link which resolve the same problem but for another game :
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 3&start=30 and http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=10399

I resume the solution in the next part.
Thx to linuxuser for the solution from forum.condorsoaring.com

The Solution:

Put the following command in your favorite terminal:

# Download DirectPlay DLL from microsoft
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
wget http://www.thehandofagony.com/alex/dll/dplaydlls-win98se.tar.bz2
tar xjvf dplaydlls-win98se.tar.bz2

# in Application menu : choose Windows 98 version
# in Libraries menu : put d3dxof.dll, dplayx.dll, dpnhpast.dll, dpwsockx.dll and dpnet.dll : on native 
# see http://tinyurl.com/8tzeay
winecfg

# register dpnet.dll file
wine regsvr32 dpnet.dll
Then you can play with your friends : host a server, join an online server. Have fun !
Last edited by cocolapin on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by STUVash »

Thanks bro !

Didn't want to bother the community but I couldn't get it working on my computer even on windows, so since I could play Giant on ubuntu (only in solo) the only thing left was multiplayer.

Finally ! Giants on ubuntu and working with multiplayer, just like a dream :roll:
FHaze
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by FHaze »

WOW You are a saviour, finally I can play multiplayer!!
I confirm it is working in a Mac OS X Lion + Wine

Using 1.497 Patch + framelimit + dll's described above. :D
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Re: Fix mupliplayer on giants

Post by NKNWN »

cocolapin wrote:Technical Stuff:
After some R.E on giants, I found that problem came from CoGetClassObject() in ole32.dll:CoCreateInstance(). That why wine show a message like :

fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {5102dace-241b-11d3-aea7-006097b01411} of class {da825e1b-6830-43d7-835d-0b5ad82956a2}, hres is 0x80040111
A quick research on google, give me a link which resolve the same problem but for another game :
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 3&start=30 and http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=10399

I resume the solution in the next part.
Thx to linuxuser for the solution from forum.condorsoaring.com

The Solution:

Put the following command in your favorite terminal:

# Download DirectPlay DLL from microsoft
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
wget http://www.thehandofagony.com/alex/dll/dplaydlls-win98se.tar.bz2
tar xjvf dplaydlls-win98se.tar.bz2

# in Application menu : choose Windows 98 version
# in Libraries menu : put d3dxof.dll, dplayx.dll, dpnhpast.dll, dpwsockx.dll and dpnet.dll : on native 
# see http://tinyurl.com/8tzeay
winecfg

# register dpnet.dll file
wine regsvr32 dpnet.dll
Then you can play with your friends : host a server, join an online server. Have fun !
thx man it worked , never thought it will ever work for linux GJ
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

Hey all after long time,

I have installed Giants, patch 1.497 and mentioned DLLs and I can host games, but on joining attempt I get message that I'm disconnected from global server. What should I do?
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

[PL] Przemek wrote:Hey all after long time,

I have installed Giants, patch 1.497 and mentioned DLLs and I can host games, but on joining attempt I get message that I'm disconnected from global server. What should I do?
yo welcome back,

global server is off so nobody can join the servers by the game. I've already sent a pm to Tasiin to see whether he can fix this issue again

Anyway u can use gamespy to find the servers, also if u host a game other players can see using gsa

Unfortunately they will shutdown the servers on may 31 :(
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

Well, GameSpy doesn't really seem to work on Linux through Wine. At least I'm not missing much, because they are shutting down.

I thought that a website - a simple website, not any 3rd party software - functioning like a chatroom would be enough for times when global server is down.

Anyway, you posted just like 15 minutes ago, so if you are still here and you are willing to play, join me :wink:.
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

Thats the problem, if global server is off we can't see the server on any other site or software, only gsa.

We had Accusnoetn's lobby but he closed his servers

But man how can I join whether you can't use gsa :p
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

Threnke wrote:Thats the problem, if global server is off we can't see the server on any other site or software, only gsa.

We had Accusnoetn's lobby but he closed his servers
I know that, what I meant is choosing the simplest way, so just creating a simple lobby, that players would join awaiting for others. Without any software or nothing - just a website. Accusnoetn's way - his idea was good and now when he closed down someone need to continue this.
Threnke wrote:But man how can I join whether you can't use gsa :p
Well you have to forgive me, because I haven't used GameSpy or nothing similar before and you said:
(...) if u host a game other players can see using gsa
, so I thought that if I will host a game, you will see it in GameSpy somehow. In that point I wondered how, if the global server is down, but I accepted your words as a true :wink:.
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

Yea but I think only the server host can make one but I think Tasiin won't

LOL I forgot omg I'm dumb xD anyway I joined there n I didn't find u :p