Failed to start

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

GavenDrake
Kabuto's Playtoy

Failed to start

Post by GavenDrake »

Help!!!

Ive just got the game from my brother's old game storage box, ive installed it but it doesnt start, after the loading sequence everything is blank. I can hear the music on the background and the tweaking sound of the buttons but i cant see anything. I already installed the patch 1.4 with everything but nothing worked. Im using a laptop with these specifications:

Intel® Pentium® dual-core mobile processor T3200 (1 MB L2 cache, 2.0 GHz, 667 MHz FSB
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic
14.1″ WXGA high-brightness Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing via Acer GridVista
2GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory (upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules)
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (Intel® GMA 4500M) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors

could someone help me please!!! i really really really really wanna play this game!!! i wanna play it so bad!!!!
so please help me get this game going on my laptop..
thank you!!!!
GREZZO16
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by GREZZO16 »

ok i'll try to help you. i usually answer by points.

1= update your pc: windows update, driver update, bios update, antivirus update
2= install GIANTS PATCH 1.497F (NOT others). only this one is necessary, since include level6,mappack,bloodpatch,geforce3,and some graphical enhancements. i repeat, YOU NEED ONLY THE 1.497f (you can download form here: http://www.giantswd.org/download.php?of ... h1497F.exe
and you don't need to delete other patches, just install this one.
3= right click on the giants.exe and go on proprietes. Select the COMPATIBILITY tab and put a check on DISABLE VISUAL THEMES and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. click ok and exit.
4= start again the game and tell us what you get.

ps: if you need a good software to clean registry, optimize system, and do a simply and clear system checkup, try Advanced System Care Free form www.iobit.com i'm using it since 2006 and it's good and doesn't do damage to the system.

bye
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

GREZZO16 wrote:ok i'll try to help you. i usually answer by points.

1= update your pc: windows update, driver update, bios update, antivirus update
2= install GIANTS PATCH 1.497F (NOT others). only this one is necessary, since include level6,mappack,bloodpatch,geforce3,and some graphical enhancements. i repeat, YOU NEED ONLY THE 1.497f (you can download form here: http://www.giantswd.org/download.php?of ... h1497F.exe
and you don't need to delete other patches, just install this one.
3= right click on the giants.exe and go on proprietes. Select the COMPATIBILITY tab and put a check on DISABLE VISUAL THEMES and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. click ok and exit.
4= start again the game and tell us what you get.

ps: if you need a good software to clean registry, optimize system, and do a simply and clear system checkup, try Advanced System Care Free form www.iobit.com i'm using it since 2006 and it's good and doesn't do damage to the system.

bye
lol good answer :p
GavenDrake
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by GavenDrake »

thnx!!
i'll do it right away!!
ill get back with the results
thanks again,
i hope it works!!
GavenDrake
Kabuto's Playtoy