The start of Delphi is completely glitched

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

ColtoM
Kabuto's Playtoy

The start of Delphi is completely glitched

Post by ColtoM »

I installed Giants the other day and I finally reached the point of which where I get to play Delphi. The very first clip-scene works out fine, then the problem appears.

The problem is that, when the first clip-scene ends and I'm supposed to actually play Delphi for the first time, all I see is a big teal void sorrounded by a couple of wide cliffs.

I've searched for answers on google but I've had no luck so far. I hope you guys know the solution for this problem since I'd really like to continue play this game.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: The start of Delphi is completely glitched

Post by HellSnake »

ColtoM wrote:I installed Giants the other day and I finally reached the point of which where I get to play Delphi. The very first clip-scene works out fine, then the problem appears.

The problem is that, when the first clip-scene ends and I'm supposed to actually play Delphi for the first time, all I see is a big teal void sorrounded by a couple of wide cliffs.

I've searched for answers on google but I've had no luck so far. I hope you guys know the solution for this problem since I'd really like to continue play this game.
thats sounds weird :?
do u hear anything(yan and delphi talking?)

i reccemond that u install patch 1.497 beta or whatever
and if that doesn't works, make a backup of urr savegame "C:\program files\giants\savegame\urrname" and in the register wich u can acces by using the program regedit.exe goto HCU\software\planetmoon\giants\IDs\urr name and select that, then click file->export

uninstall game

make sure u delete everything(C:\program files\giants) and the register(HCU\software\planetmoon\giants)

then reinstall game
download the 1.5 beta patch
http://www.giantswd.org/?file=31&search ... mit=Search

then put the backups back(just click the register file u made)

goodluck and if u have questions, ask them.
ColtoM
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by ColtoM »

The sound is just fine and apparantly, my character reacts to the world that I'm supposed to be at.

The map indicates that I'm constantly rotating at a high speed at a position located far out at sea.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

ColtoM wrote:The sound is just fine and apparantly, my character reacts to the world that I'm supposed to be at.

The map indicates that I'm constantly rotating at a high speed at a position located far out at sea.
lol sounds fucked
reinstall, patch, or change settings.
(if u have 1.4beta try changing renderer)
ColtoM
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by ColtoM »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:
ColtoM wrote:The sound is just fine and apparantly, my character reacts to the world that I'm supposed to be at.

lol sounds fucked
I finally solved the problem. I installed patch 1.4 and everything worked just fine. Thanks, mate :)
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

ColtoM wrote:
HellSnake(NL) wrote:

lol sounds fucked
I finally solved the problem. I installed patch 1.4 and everything worked just fine. Thanks, mate :)
1.4 or 1.5 beta(1.497) ? cuz the 1.5 beta from tassin = tha best