Unable to make a new ID!

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

yewjun1
Kabuto's Playtoy

Unable to make a new ID!

Post by yewjun1 »

Hey Guys,
So I recently started playing GIANTS again and for some strange reason I can't make an ID. This is the first time I have run it on my laptop and therefore doesn't have a ID already. I can run GIANTS but when I click "enter a new ID' it takes me to where I create it but for some strange reason I can't seem to create it, I've tried pressing all the buttons on the keyboard but nothing seems to work...is there some way I can manually create the ID through a folder of some sort. I've actually had the game since I was little and, so I do have the real version. When I am at the create ID screen I can't see any buttons to push to create the stupid ID. Also when the enter a new ID is highlighted should I be able to hit enter and it should work? Because it doesn't seem to work on my laptop and also I can type on the enter a new ID screen. I am running my laptop on windows XP, 2GB ddr2 RAM and a Intel Pentium dual-core processor 1.60GHz and a stupid Intel GMA(graphics media accelerator 950.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

... sure u can create a acc manually.
what do you want as name?
and do you want your name 2be coloured?
say it, and i shall make account, and then copy files/make files that make those files and send it 2 you
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Try and see if adding a new folder in the registry works. Go to the start menu < "run...", then type in "regedit" without the quotes.

Next, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER < Software < PlanetMoon < Giants < IDs. This folder holds your user IDs for giants. Make a new folder inside the IDs folder with the name you want (example: MyName).

Now go inside the view pane of the folder MyName and right click < New < REG_DWORD Value. This will create a new registry key in the "MyName" folder.

Rename this key to "Deleted" without the quotes. Now double click it and enter in the value of "0" without the quotes (doesn't matter if you do it as hex or decimal).

When you exit regedit and start up giants, the name should show up.