Corrupt files on CD...

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

Arsonide
Kabuto's Playtoy

Corrupt files on CD...

Post by Arsonide »

C:\Program Files\Giants\Bin\xx_verm.gzp
C:\Program Files\Giants\Bin\xx_vimp.gzp

These files are not copying properly from the disk to my hard drive, I ignored the error to finish the install but the game will not run without them it seems. I don't know how big they are, but is it possible to host them somewhere? They look like simple model files...I would really appreciate it, I might even be able to join you guys online. I haven't played this in forever and my CD has been scratched to hell at the bottom of the drawer.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

verm isnt used much in the game, only on some levels

however vimps are very important for the whole game, almost all maps use them (they are the meat/soul source for the smarties)
Arsonide
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Arsonide »

Yeah...I remember. :( I'd like both of them for the complete game though, if possible. The files aren't very big, you could host them on YouSendIt or something. That would rock.

I looked at the files and extracted some sounds from them, it sucks because they are corrupt but still kind of functional. I renamed them to text files and the game actually started up...but wouldn't load into a level, so they are definitely what's keeping me from playing.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »