Game Spy Arcade doesn't work

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

Jorenjojo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Game Spy Arcade doesn't work

Post by Jorenjojo »

If i download the free version on gamespyarcade.com it says my internet explorer doesn't work, then it searches for the problem and after that my internet explorer just turns off. And if it downloads and when it's installed it just says the same when i go into the giants multiplayer room... :evil:
then it says it can't find the webpage or something, and then with problems and solutions and stuff.... it says when i click on the "download-button" of the free version, maybe you guys know another good site to download it for free without problems....
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Check your antivirus software, or firewall?
Maybe it is blocking some things which are needed. Sometimes Script blocking etc. can get in the way of things.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Gamespy Arcade and Windows Vista <- Click me

If you only care about Giants, and Vista is indeed your problem;
Just hit Ctrl+O in Gamespy Arcade and enter the following into the box: Giants:///?type=group&group=-1
Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

awesome man
Jorenjojo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Jorenjojo »

Ok i tried that but it didn't work, i had the same error, and when i browse, and it says C:/ProgramFiles/Giants stuff, at program location and i try to join, then i look again but it says unknown again. i also tried auto search but then it changes in unknown again, btw the error is: There was an error which prevented the game from being launched. Check to make sure the game is properly installed and the path is correct. I installed Gaints again (and uninstalled it) but i still had the same error...
Grtz Jorenjojo
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Did you rename the Giants folder to Giants stuff? If not, you don't have to rename it if you want...

Did you install GMM? Because there is one little error that happens when you install it. Messes the GSA launch and gives you an error like that and won't run Giants through GSA.
Jorenjojo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Jorenjojo »

Exploderman wrote:Did you rename the Giants folder to Giants stuff?

Well i tried, but when i do, it just jumps on unknown again....
Exploderman wrote:Did you install GMM?
Well i don't know about GMM, give me more information about that plz
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Jorenjojo wrote:Well i don't know about GMM, give me more information about that plz
Well then you don't have GMM so don't worry about it.

And what I meant by the renameing, you should rename Giants stuff folder to just Giants. That might be why GSA can't find it.
Jorenjojo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Jorenjojo »

Just at program location: Giants...?