Wintry Cool Game Error Screen Problem

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

Heebinator
Kabuto's Playtoy

Wintry Cool Game Error Screen Problem

Post by Heebinator »

When I try to host a game (with GCK Patch 1.4) i get the Wintry Cool Game Error Screen.
The Error says; Is there a network connection.
When i try to join a game i get the background of the main title screen, and the text "Waiting for host to start game" but no "Searching For Servers"
I have my LAN connection enabled and all firewalls and the like down, no matter what i do the error still comes up.
The only time that the error doesnt come up is when i have GCK unpatched, that is the raw copy of GCK. Also i have tried applying the Multiplayer Patch.

Thanks
Heebinator
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Heebinator »

I have done some reading from other treads in this forum. (i proably should have done this first). I have realised that it is because i have got a shared internet connection. The problem is now, is that all the links in the threads come up with 404's. Does anyone remeber/know another site or the info on the sites listed.

I have also since tried removing all my network connections, reinstalling giants, patching giants, reinstalling the network connections. If anyone has any suggestion please help.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

do you have a router? if you swich off your firewalls, i'm not sure but i think it wont open the ports, you really have to forward them to do that. if you have access to the internet from an other computer on your network, you will have to forward the ports on both computers. here are the ports : http://s88894241.onlinehome.us/forum/vi ... ed+problem
and for the wintery cool game error, i only get it when some skins doesnt work, but never got it for the internet connection, cant help you sorry.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

I know a few people who also had this problem, they all fixed it by updating DirectX. I myself also had this problem once, and that was because of some sort of confict between ports or something that I had forwarded, I fixed it by closing them.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

That used to happen to me, did you blow something up that created a huge explosion?

ex. put a bunch of mines around something and make a big bang out of it, usually caused by a trainer

that, or a crash
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Re: Wintry Cool Game Error Screen Problem

Post by Xentek »

Mianus wrote: The Error says; Is there a network connection.
The error you are talking about is too many objects while actually playing; Too many objects, exceeded limit.
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

It doesn't only appear when there's too many objects, if I recall correctly.
It appears for various reasons...
[n00b]-HoLlAnDsMoUsE
Sappho's Henchman

Post by [n00b]-HoLlAnDsMoUsE »

STEELIX wrote:It doesn't only appear when there's too many objects, if I recall correctly.
mostly when some1 cheats... especially with unlimited gyro bombs, prox (onley with rapid fire) , millenium bombs (onley with rapid fire)
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

:/ its not the same error since it doesnt display "too many objects" but "is there a network connection"...
updating your version of directX (to 9c) and your graphic card display driver isn't a bad idea
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

[n00b]-HoLlAnDsMoUsE wrote:
STEELIX wrote:It doesn't only appear when there's too many objects, if I recall correctly.
mostly when some1 cheats... especially with unlimited gyro bombs, prox (onley with rapid fire) , millenium bombs (onley with rapid fire)
In other words; too many objects.
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Direct x 9.0c IS A PIECE OF S.H.IT BITCH, man it sux so fu**ing bad and others agree wit me it sux ballz. Get 9.0b its better
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

I take it you're not a Direct x 9.0 fan? :?
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

I just had to get that out of my system. Just having some problems with 9.0c and san AndreaS. :lol:

I may play G again once i find out how that new MOD will work out 8) .
thomas47
Sappho's Henchman

Post by thomas47 »

hello!!!

I have the same problem but I don't use any cheats and stuff like that.I is asking me about network connetction you know what I mean :(
maybe some good people here gonne help me?
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

If you would actually bother to read up some, you might've seen 2 possible solutions.