Tutorial or info on Multiplayer?

Ask questions that relate to playing the game. Hardware / software issues do not belong here.

Moderator: Staff

Lufty
Kabuto's Playtoy

Tutorial or info on Multiplayer?

Post by Lufty »

Hey all,

I am an old school Giants player, and recently go 1.5. I logged in today but my skills are pretty poor.

Is there a guide or tutorial for Multiplayer available anywhere?

Looking for weapon/strat info on being better MP.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Hi there.

When you joined our online match yesterday we explained to you we are able to help you understand the game better, what the general rules are in matches, and where you can find tips and tricks. You choose to ragequit after ignoring our messages though. When you came back, unfortunatly the server became disconnected and we migrated to the dedicated server.

The forum called "Tips/Strategies" (button right above this forum) has quite a few topics on how to improve your gameplay.
For your convenience I will link them to you here.

viewtopic.php?t=1242
viewtopic.php?t=548
viewtopic.php?t=590

The group you encountered yesterday is the most active group of players, and yes, there is a lot of experience between all of us. If you can stick around longer next time, and tell us what you need help with, we can help you!.

The fact still is, that most of us have a lot of years of experience in the game, and that "beating" us will take more than just a few minutes/hours of playtime.

In the downloads section there is a selection of maps marked as Training maps, where you can fight (simple) AI to get the hang of the controlls and figure out what to do.

Also, 1.5 isn't released, It's the 1.497BETA you/we are playing on.
Lufty
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Lufty »

Thanks Tig!

BTW I guess I misunderstood your messages in game, and thought you had suggested reading the tutorials before playing as not to disrupt gameplay! Sorry about that! I'll stick around longer next time!

Thanks for the links, Ill check those out and try out the training maps!

Hopefully I can check you guys on the next game.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Aight, misunderstandings are only human.

Keep an eye on the Steam group, we announce there every time we play!