Multiplayer Question (yes another one)

Ask questions that relate to playing the game. Hardware / software issues do not belong here.

Moderator: Staff

HUSS
Kabuto's Playtoy

Multiplayer Question (yes another one)

Post by HUSS »

OK peeps, the first i ever heard of this game was in a demo i got years and years ago. It was damned good fun and i instantly thought 'it would be cool to get the whole game really', but i didnt for ages. I got it last year (from somewhere called Soldoutsoftware) and completed it n stuff and i'm getting bored with the same old situations and blowing up the same old formations etc.

SO! I was hoping for some multiplayer action, only to find that whenever i search for any games or anything, i find absolutely bugger all. So can anyone tell me why?

Also, please note that i am shite with technology and that things like downloads and zips or whatever scare me to death, so please be gentle. When the game is on the menu in the corner it says v1.4000 or something like that (i know it has a lot of 0's in it) :)
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Multiplayer Question (yes another one)

Post by HellSnake »

HUSS wrote:OK peeps, the first i ever heard of this game was in a demo i got years and years ago. It was damned good fun and i instantly thought 'it would be cool to get the whole game really', but i didnt for ages. I got it last year (from somewhere called Soldoutsoftware) and completed it n stuff and i'm getting bored with the same old situations and blowing up the same old formations etc.

SO! I was hoping for some multiplayer action, only to find that whenever i search for any games or anything, i find absolutely bugger all. So can anyone tell me why?

Also, please note that i am shite with technology and that things like downloads and zips or whatever scare me to death, so please be gentle. When the game is on the menu in the corner it says v1.4000 or something like that (i know it has a lot of 0's in it) :)

well lad, if i were u, download 1.5 beta(1.497)
link : http://www.giantswd.org/download.php?of ... h1497F.exe

1.400 i believe only can join if u have the IP of server.... 1.5 beta can scan for servers

and a good chat program for giants peeps(not neccecary) = chatex or (old) gamespyarcade), but i reccamond chatex(no ads and alot quicker)
download link chatex:
http://www.olympus-studios.biz/chatex/C ... GCKSB.html

, so maybe that helps, and if u dont see any servers in chatex AND giants, PM me and maybe i can help...

PS sorry for mah spelling, i typed rlly quick :lol: 8)
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

Get 1.5, not many people play in the first place but they all use it.
HUSS
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by HUSS »

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!

You intelligent technologically advanced people you!, :P

One thing, is this ere download thingy safe? (smacks paranoia of computer stuff)

:)
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

HUSS wrote:HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!

You intelligent technologically advanced people you!, :P

One thing, is this ere download thingy safe? (smacks paranoia of computer stuff)

:)
well u can have my word lad that WD = save, i've never had 1 virus from giants stuff
Lucky
Kabuto's Playtoy

Déjà vu

Post by Lucky »

HUSS wrote:OK peeps, the first i ever heard of this game was in a demo i got years and years ago. It was damned good fun and i instantly thought 'it would be cool to get the whole game really', but i didnt for ages. I got it last year (from somewhere called Soldoutsoftware) and completed it n stuff and i'm getting bored with the same old situations and blowing up the same old formations etc.
Couldn'a said it better myself, mate. Had the demo way back, only got it like last year, and have been lucky to find two games on the net so far. That said, the community surrounding this game is very impressive in its own right as this game by rights should be completely dead. I've got like eight friends into it over the last month or two, just from my home town, and we're planning a bit of a LAN bash soon. Just goes to show how long good games can survive. Call me crazy, but I'd choose Giants over Crysis any day; they just don't make 'em like they used to. So good on ya mate.

[Edit: As it seems that most of the online community is centred in either the US or Europe, however, online games for me are pretty crap. Lag ownage, batman. Plus the fact that success online is pretty much proportional to experience online, noobs like me get horribly messed up.]
HUSS
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by HUSS »

Hooray!!!!!!! Ive downloaded the thingy and am yet to try it out coz of school work but hopefully its fine!!!!!!!!!!!. :)

Whoever is still left playing this awsome game prepare to be blown to bits, :P
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

HUSS wrote:Hooray!!!!!!! Ive downloaded the thingy and am yet to try it out coz of school work but hopefully its fine!!!!!!!!!!!. :)

Whoever is still left playing this awsome game prepare to be blown to bits, :P
hmm, challenge accepted, when are u online? :twisted:
p.s. if u are that good, try to beat accusnoetn :lol:
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

^ last time i've played he owned me :lol: .
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:^ last time i've played he owned me :lol: .
who, accusnoetn or me?
(or both XD )
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:
who, accusnoetn or me?
(or both XD )
both, but i think accusnoetn is better. But it's cause of the lag too, the servers are not lower than 150 ping.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
HellSnake(NL) wrote:
who, accusnoetn or me?
(or both XD )
both, but i think accusnoetn is better. But it's cause of the lag too, the servers are not lower than 150 ping.
duh, accusnoetn owns everybody XD