How to use In-game commands.

Ask questions that relate to playing the game. Hardware / software issues do not belong here.

Moderator: Staff

Talon
Kabuto's Playtoy

How to use In-game commands.

Post by Talon »

I am having a bit of trouble getting the in-game commands to work.
I currently play Giants over LAN and would like to get the pmarkers command working.
During game I hit "Y" then enter -pmarkers
I have also tried just using pmarkers but still no luck.
Thanks in advance
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

the commad is "pmarkers", it should work if you are in multiplayer mode. Do you have the 1.4 patch installed?
Talon
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Talon »

No, I am still a non-patched ver. I had to remove the 1.4 due to graphic being very distorted. ( poor reapers looked like there face was smashed with a skillet). If there is a fix for that I would reapply the 1.4 patch.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Did you try setting the model detail up from 'low' after applying the patch? :P
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Installing 1.4 over 1.1 will always cause the model detail to go to low, as will reverting to 1.1 from 1.4. I don't think the pmarkers command works in the older versions anyways, so that's most likely your problem.
Talon
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Talon »

Ok that worked, but now my GMM doesnt work. Im gettting the error spawning message. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling but no luck.
My GMM is ver 1.0 beta 4b.
Talon
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Talon »

Doh, I feel like a noob. I got the GMM finally working, just had to doa full uninstall of everything, but works fine now.

On a side note thou, 1 comp seem to be haveing trouble with giants and the 1.4 patch.
it loads up fine, but once it gets to the option screen ( join,host, ect...) the game just shuts down and returns back to desktop.

the system in question is a intel 3 ( 935 mhz) proc.
512 ram
e-geforce fx 5200 card.
would this require a geforce patch? all drivers are up to date and is running direct x 9.

also dont know if this could be the problem. the comps that are working fine , the Giants CD are blue, the one giving me trouble is brown. ( not sure if that would be a different one or not since i got it off amazon.)