Art of Shielding(Continued)

Post your tips and strategies for other Giants users, whether it's for making maps, creating skins, or just for general gameplay.

Moderator: Staff

SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

I think I've seen every strategy to date, I've dueled pretty much everyone, and I taught the damn community at one point. So I'd be surprised to find something new...
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

I have a question :arrow: if there's a packer flying at me, what should i use, proxy, homer?

I've been told it would be better to use proxy since it would slow them down and create a mist...

But i would like to know your opinions.

And NO, i'm not on crack for posting this so late. I'm just curious.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

If said packer is flying directly towards you, taking them out with proxies shouldn't be very hard, provided your aim is halfway decent.
Last edited by GibLit on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Yeah Giblit's right with shooting a proxy figuring that your stationary and you need to do something quickly. But, homer can come in handy if you already know if the packer is flying at you or not, that way you can pull off a homer/proxy combo when he finally gets close to you.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

1 more question, if the packer is gonna land near me, should i do a combo, or focus on the rocket?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

It's preferable to use a rocket if he's right next to you or within range of decent aim. But in that situation the packer will most likely be going for a kill (if the person is decent :) ) so try to focus on blocking some shots before you unload on him.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Put down a pillow of mines to make sure he wont hurt himself upon landing.
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

Depends, if you can predict their tradjectory and see that they are landing near you/close to you, throw mines in that direction, nitro away and throw a rocket at it for good measure, get their syringe. :)
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

Trust KillZ wrote:I have a question :arrow: if there's a packer flying at me, what should i use, proxy, homer?

I've been told it would be better to use proxy since it would slow them down and create a mist...

But i would like to know your opinions.

And NO, i'm not on crack for posting this so late. I'm just curious.
Go with a proxy + homer/proxy combo.

The first shot is meant to put them at about half health, the next part is meant to finish them off.

If you had God like aim, you can merely do a homer + proxy combo and land the shots in synchronization, a direct hit deals over the max health.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Re: Art of Shielding(Continued)

Post by Salazar »

Bumping for Accuracy and Relevance.