The Art of Kabuto

Post your tips and strategies for other Giants users, whether it's for making maps, creating skins, or just for general gameplay.

Moderator: Staff

Good guide?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 18

SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

The Art of Kabuto

Post by SPrinkZ »

How to play Kabuto
By SPrinkZ:

Kabuto, the 900 ton monster, unleashing hell. Death, chaos, filled with malice and an uncontrollable urges to sh** out babies, and a blood lust that is only rivaled by Michael Jackson's lust for 14 year old boys. This is... Kabuto.

Kabuto as some may see is at a disadvantage in the sense that against a good player he can be taken down by only 3 good players.

But if you are 'GoD KaBuTo' you can take about 19 players at once. Kabuto is very easy to learn, but extremely hard to master. Kabuto doesn't have gadgets, special tools and things to help him on his way... His babies are almost totally useless... He has one ability that if mastered can be the biggest 'surprise.' To any noob. I shall unveil the sky ass stomp, and the sky belly flop to you shortly.

To start...

Kabuto Basics:

Kabuto is a 900 ton target. It's incredibly easy to hit him, or is it? Kabuto can be a dodging machine with the correct practice. I used to be able to dodge every missle I saw, dodging snipers is near impossible. Still, erratic movement, left to right, jumping can help, throw them off by using a little Z axis on their ass.

Dodging:

• To dodge, move left to right, diaganols are the most effective, if they are using rockets wait for it, then move out of the way. It's VERY easy to move out of the way if they are firing from afar, but from close it might be hard. If they are that close though... They should be food.

Punting:

• Kabuto on the run can be a field goal kicking machine, trust me... It's good(pun intended). Anyways, onto my less comical(or lack of comical)explaination... When kabuto is on the run, make sure to punt as many meccs as you can, it's an auto kill for a Mecc, those damn Reapers take about two of them.

Eating:

• Eating is so rarely advantageous, it takes way too long, only eat a person if they are running and you want to taunt them, or impale them and eat them later...

Adrenaline smashes:

• Only use the green or the red adrenaline smash. Never use the one in the middle, too long/it wastes too much for such a little outcome as compared to a maximum adrenaline rush.

Who to target:

• Always go for the guy firing the rockets, or campers. Usally try to act like you are not going for them, act like you are going for someone else, then boom turn to them and smash them or use something to hit them, throw something at them etc.

Kabuto Advanced Techniques:

Kabuto has VERY VERY few advanced techniques and strategies, but they can be deadly effective with some practice.

Flying adrenaline's:

• A simple tactic, use the zoom feature to aim, it's a nice first person view to use it for aiming this attack, charge up the adrenaline all the way, you can kill gyrocopters and meccs or anything with a targeted cursor on it. The range is limited though, try it out. Go into zoom mode, but in the most limited zoom, aim at someone from a relatively close distance, and target it perfectly, then hit the attack button, if he doesn't fly towards it, you screwed up. Keep trying it until you get a feel for it.

Flying across an island:

• Sometimes if you can get the trajectory right, use a flying adrenaline to fly your way out of a dangerous situation.

Camping:

• Usally I sit near the vimps for health, some people like to kill the vimp. Which is screwed up. If you do that, I will eat you.

Getting smartie's:

• Getting smartie's can be such a pain in the ass. Sometimes people try to rape you while you get them, but remember this... A mecc gives you more growing strength than a smartie, so go after mecc's first, then smarties. If smartie's are adjacent to you, eat them first.

Sniping:

• Sometimes you can use vimps to kill gyro copters, other meccs etc. When you throw, as soon as it starts moving run, so it cuts off the animation, use it on a sniper, it works great... They also home so it's even better.

How to 'base rape':

Base raping is very easy, but can be difficult with alot of turrets and meccs firing at you, the key to it is to screw their base up as fast as you can... Go directly for their giftshop. Then work your way on the meccs and turrets. Once that is done, go for the sheild generator, and hammer things down with your feet/hands, then when you get a full bar again, charge up your adrenaline. Destroy their party house, then go for their front wall. Then pick off anything else you want, if you die come back at them, grow back up to full size, sprint like mad there and kill them all over again.

Once their base is destroyed overall, laugh as hard as you can, and kill any remaining meccs, eat them.

My strategies:

Lost world strategies:

Vimp Camping:

• This camping is VERY easy, the vimp stay in relatively one area, so it makes it incredibly easy to play good on lost world. I believe lost world might be the best place for Kabuto, it's huge and allows him to be the real beast he is with relatively no restrictions.

Hide and seek:

• No one may believe this, but I used to hide behind mountains, and use where I was to screw with the camera, sometimes the camera will look over the mountain, but I can't be seen. So when a gyro copter would be coming, I'd charge up then unleash a flying ass stomp.

Run away:

• This place is so big it allows you to survive on relatively no health. So run to the reaper base, if no reapers are there. And use the open space as a good place to fight, usally meccs will come chasing frantically for the whole "OMFG I KILLED KABUTO" bragging rights.

The rest of the maps relatively suck for three way. Lost world is the best period. It allows kabuto to use every technique he can, and gives him huge advantages.

My Kabuto Stories:

One time on freeracer? Or whatever the hell his name's server. I was playing 1v19. I totally dominated, that day was the day I probably realized that I should rename myself and call myself 'GoD KaBuTo' I played kabuto soley, and when I'd come into a room, everyone would go beserk when I took a hold of Kabuto.

Playing 1v19 was surprisingly not even hard, I'd smash a gyro, then fly over and land on a mountain with a sniper on it, then pick him up throw him at another one and jump off the mountain usually typing "HAHAHAHA!!"

I constantly taunted people by typing the entire time, that was pretty much my trademark as Kabuto.

Taunting people with such as remarks as follows:

"I am God Kabuto!"
"Rawr!"
"YOU SUCK!"
"HAHAHAHAHA!"
"God you are a fu**ing noob!"
"WTF?"
"That was lame..."
"Too easy."
"Faggot."
"Bitch."
"Whore."
"SLUT!"
"RALMFAO THAT WAS SO EASY!"
"Aww gonna cry?

Yes, add those to your collection of ass whooping comebacks(well not really, they actually suck).

I've had experiences where it only took 3 guys to take me down, then others when not even 19 players could do it. It kind of shows you alot...

Special Tricks of The Trade:

Kabuto has alot of 'tricks' he can use to get out of crappy situations, I will share as many as I can remember/know.

Jumping after an adrenaline smash -

• Who the hell wants to sit there or wait for the animation to finish after an adrenaline? Just keep hitting jump when you are in the ground it will cut the animation and you will be back on the prowl. Never allow yourself to wait for the animation to get you back up from any adrenaline.

Babies -

• Only use these to pick off certain snipers, the kind who NEVER move, but you can never catch them because they start running as soon as you are within 4,000 miles of them. Use the babies because for the most part, they travel underground, and because they usually are not watching them.

Babies also are good for getting reapers in the water, they do not get hurt by water, they actually run on it, so use it to get those pesky whores.

Mind games -

• There are many mind games, all of them that I know of involve typing. Kabuto is NOT easy to play, sometimes you have to trick people into thinking you suck or you are almost dead just to survive. When you play ruthless, you are basically a sociopath for the remainder of the game. Lie, cheat, manipulate. Do whatever you can to stay ontop and not losing. This goes for anything, considering I know alot about sociopath's, or atleast more than I ever used to. The sociopath is usally successful at many things they do because of their heartlessness, especially in business, or politics(big surprise? I'd hope not).

That concludes the guide for now, if I think of anything to add I shall.
Last edited by SPrinkZ on Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zixinus
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by zixinus »

or impale them and eat them later...
Uhhm this might be stupid quastion...
how to impale?
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

when ur holding something use spike, default button = X
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

...which only works when you're fullgrown
zixinus
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by zixinus »

thanks
Eating:

Eating is so rarely advantageous, it takes way too long, only eat a person if they are running and you want to taunt them, or impale them and eat them later...
I must disagre with this.

The only mainm disadvantige when eating is that you cannot eat when running.

But its a sure way to get rid of them ANd get a a little health.
Once you got somebody in your grasp EAT him/her imeditly. Or trow him/her.

Trowing for me is only an anvantige agaisn't torrents and sometimes gryos.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Um, no. Throwing a vimp at a gyrocopter is much better than standing there eating it while the gyrocopter lowers your health back to where it was before you ate the vimp, possibly even lower. When I play as a Kabuto, I don't play to survive, I play to kill as many meccs as I can before I die. I'll eat a mecc when it's the only one around me. But while multiple meccs are rampaging my ass, I don't give a damn about my health.

Just go on a killing spree and get rid of all mccs as fast as you can. You'll find that you get more points that way, and if you survive, you can simply recharge your health after the rampage is finished.
Last edited by GibLit on Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

Yea, too many meccs around while you sit around to eat is making you a HUGE target.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Nice Guide.
Timmy
Yan the Pimp

Post by Timmy »

A Kabuto game is very laggy. I jump into the air one minute, the next minute I'm dead half way across the world in the ocean
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Re: The Art of Kabuto

Post by Salazar »

Bumping for Accuracy and Relevance.