Replace Your Default XP Sounds With Giants

Post your tips and strategies for other Giants users, whether it's for making maps, creating skins, or just for general gameplay.

Moderator: Staff

Snaily
Kabuto's Playtoy

Replace Your Default XP Sounds With Giants

Post by Snaily »

Maybe this isn't meant to be in this forum, and maybe you have to have a certian amount of rep/posts or whatever to post here, i dunno :P .

But im posting this mainly because i was asked by a few people yesterday how i did it, and i said to them i'd post in on giantswd.

For now this is just for XP because im a little low on time, and most people will be using it, but if anyone wants a diffrent op system just say.

First of all open your giants folder, because you need to have a listen and see what you like (most likley C:\Program Files\Giants) Now open the Stream Folder these are all random sounds from the game (e.g "i'mmmm HUNGRY!!!" :lol: ) All the actuall voice sounds (delphi, meccs yan ect. are in the stream english-newstream folder. Oh and if your finding it hard to get to, simply do a search for giants.

Next go to Controll Panel-Sounds And Audio Devices-Sounds here you can create your own scheme (call it giants, or whatever you like) then proceed to change the sounds that you want. One of my faves is changing the error alert sound to Baz's "Bloody Hell!" :D

I'm guessing 99% of the people here know this, but i thought i wolud post it for the people who don't and who havent really thought of it :)
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Replace the shut down sound with ''oy, lets get the hell out of here!'' lol
Snaily
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Snaily »

Lol yeh or, delphi's "whe're finished here, foolish reapers lets move on!" hehe
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

how do you find a certain quote? theres a lot of files to look through
Snaily
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Snaily »

Err, thats the difficult part mate the best you can do is go through them till you find a section you like, as a certian few rows may contain meccs going "aww" aggghhh" "bfeffeeeesagflisfifds" (you get the idea) and a section will be "back to base", "borjoyzee is nicked" "Rescue Borjoyzee" ect. and the others may be what your looking for i dunno.

Thinking about it, best no to listen to half of them when people are in the room theyll probarly think its pron or something XD :wink: