Sniping made easier

Post your tips and strategies for other Giants users, whether it's for making maps, creating skins, or just for general gameplay.

Moderator: Staff

dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Sniping made easier

Post by dietofeelalive »

If your reading this.... you must be interested in learning how to snipe... Unfortunately i cannot help you there.... I am a newb as well.... But thanks to Xentek aka. vince ( Clan leader) I have great news..... Sniping can be made easy by following a few steps....

First Thing is to have a decent graphics card....Done

2nd thing is to change your refresh rate on your Computer to 100 or 120... ( Even if you have to manually override the Refresh rates, my CRT monitor can only go up to 100)

3rd thing enable vsync ...

adjust the Width and height of your screen

You'll NOTICe an immediate improvement..... opponents are not as Jerky anymore... ( that is if they dont lag in the first place)... if opponent are laggy forget about Sniping just get yourself a dozen HOMER for the fight

Ok thats my tip to you.... LOL ...ENJOY :D
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Re: Sniping made easier

Post by Tasiin »

dietofeelalive wrote:3rd thing enable vsync ...
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Tasiin wrote: ...
I agree.
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Falcoz why are you being hateful to me..... I CANNOT help the FACt That you lag the hell outta Games....... I just point them out to you..... This worked for me....

This tip was for any newbs like me out there whos wanting to improve thier sniping skill..... i was getting 60 FPS before.....
But now i get 100 FPS , there is no Snipe LAG... and therfore easier to Snipe.... ThAS ALL
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

dietofeelalive wrote:If your reading this.... you must be interested in learning how to snipe... Unfortunately i cannot help you there.... I am a newb as well......
But thanks to Xentek aka. vince ( Clan leader) I have great news..... Sniping can be made easy by following a few steps..
You just said you cant help us spine, then you said it can be easy in a few steps. . . . . . . . .

I dought there are any newbs. . .Giants is old. . . . .

ONe MorE tHiNG, sTOP WRItIng LikE tHiS
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Sigh.

You were getting a jumpy framerate, only thing that fixed your problem: vsync.

And, try sniping when your fps is 10-25, you wont say no to 60-120 fps.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:I agree.
Do you now? What exactly do you think I might have meant by that, then?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Couple answers: Either that you think vsync doesn't do much, or that it's an obvious setting to use, or your suprised that he would post something such as this, or that enabling vsync is not the a way to fix sniping problems.

I'm guessing your reason is entirely different, but this is what I can come up with in the top of my head. :?
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Ok .... changing your Refresh rate on your Monitor is a big step too.... Change it from 60 or something to 100 or 120, then enable vsync... any more and you mouse starts lagging....
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

dietofeelalive wrote:2nd thing is to change your refresh rate on your Computer to 100 or 120... ( Even if you have to manually override the Refresh rates, my CRT monitor can only go up to 100)
There is absolutely no point in manually overriding your refresh rates. It will just not work. (or it may seem to work, but you'll still have a low refresh rate)
DarkFalcoZ wrote:Couple answers: Either that you think vsync doesn't do much, or that it's an obvious setting to use, or your suprised that he would post something such as this, or that enabling vsync is not the a way to fix sniping problems.

I'm guessing your reason is entirely different, but this is what I can come up with in the top of my head. :?
So you agree with him whatever he means...
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Dude, there is a point to doing that trust me. but what did I say from the start.

You need to have a good graphic card, otherwise you wont get a good framerate.

It worked for me, I can snipe a lot better now. With Vsync Off my frame rate jumps to like 170 or 180. And spining was impossible because of Mouse lag, as i got close to 500 FPS in zoomed in sniping mode.

So i changed my refresh rate of my monitor to 100 and turned on VSYNC and guess what I got 100 frame rate on my game (stable), and it was Awesome.

Your Frame rate might not have changed for you because your frame rate proably sucks to begin with.

IF your computer can handle frame rate above 100 Kudos to you, becuase it really helps with sniping. And frame rate over 150 is ridiculous, becuase it slows down your Mouse to a point where its difficult to move.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

If your monitor has a maximum refresh rate of 100 and you set it to 120, it will not work (wonder why it's called MAXIMUM refresh rate). If it does, it will be a rare exception.

This has got nothing to do at all with your graphics card.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

I thought Giants gets better FPS when you have a more powerful CPU, not a graphics card :?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Unless it's the one about the obvious setting, then... yeah I agree with him if it's one of the above reasons.

Also, I agree with exploderman that the cpu is what usually matters, I have a Nvidia 6600GT, and I still get 40-60 fps at times in giants.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

About the VSync, i disagree with what you say : first you wont see any difference between 170 and 180 FPS. Enabling VSync will get the game to run smoother if your monitor have low refresh rate capabilities. If you enable it, your screen won't display the frames that are partially generated. But if your screen is correctly configured, having VSync disabled is really better in my opinion, you will have a way better frame rate, and even if frame rate is jumpy it won't bother you much, since it is always high.
About the mouse lag problem, if you are exeriencing what i did with my old mouse, then yes, enable VSync :( Try to plug it either on USB or PS2, I solved the problem by switching to USB (and buying a Razer copperhead also :D).

Last thing, could you tell me which resolution you are using @100 or 120Hz?

Giants is more CPU dependant than other games due to his age, but I can tell you that since I changed my 6600GT for a 7900GT (i've got an AMD 3500+), there is no comparison possible. Moreover, Giants doesn't exploit multi CPU core technologies, so that the fact it is CPU dependant will be less and less true.